baked goods 2 for 1 and free crack

Commentary on whatever I like, sometimes useful, sometimes not so...

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

darling daughter #2

I should say that both of my daughters are so unique, beautiful, and incredibly smart. Of course I know everyone believes their children are special...it's only natural. My youngest though has always had a knack for picking up on words to add to her vocabulary and in using them in the proper context. At a very young age she amazed me by asking me if I was being facetious, and there have been many similar moments where I was awed and left wondering where she picked up on words that seemed beyond her age. This weekend my ex send me an email saying that darling daughter #2 was with her in the car running errands or whatever and asked about another vehicle she spotted...my ex said that it was a Mitsubishi Montero...too which the little darling replied "why is it named after a dead frog?" My ex was obviously confused by this, and after querying her it was brought to light that my darling daughter #2 thought the ex had said it was a "missing specie"...not Mitsubishi...thus named after an extinct animal...although I'm still not sure where the frog comes in, it was quite precious all the same. Just one of the many reasons why children are the best of all in life!

Other stuff...pretty uneventful weekend...had to replace my computer at home as the old one finally gave in...it always sucks trying to re-customize all the settings, programs, etc...to the way I like, but that's life...what can you do.

I did manage to get out and watch some sports and dine upon some succulent savory pan fried trout...mmm...the sports though were not so good. My poor Bengals managed to give up 6 touchdowns in the 2nd half to blow a 21 point lead and lose to the Chargers...very not cool!!!

Other than that I just read some more...I finished off Annie Duke's book about her life as a poker pro...it was an entertaining read. I also flipped through the ultimate poker bible (Doyle Brunson's Super System) which I really love for the fact you can just open it and start reading anywhere and be dazzled with the profound insights of one of the all time greats. I've been thinking about reading Stu Ungar's bio too...what a sad life for such an obviously gifted person. Speaking of poker knowledge though, I think a great point (from Super System and elsewhere) is the argument of if it's better to be dealt A-K rather than pocket A's or pocket K's and the story goes that Big Slick (A-K) is potentially the better hand in the long run because you can clean up a huge pot with it if you flop Broadway nuts, two pair, a flush if suited, TPTK, etc...BUT you can also get away from it easier if the flop doesn't hit you in any favorable way while pocket A's or K's will scoop some nice pots, they are both much easier to lose a big portion of your stack with because it's easy to get married to them. Just one of the many quandries that makes poker such a cerebral game. Or at least fun...that's all for now...more some other time...now go read some really good poker blogs like...
Pauly
Mean Gene
Pot Committed
GuinnessandPoker

or any number of blogs on their rolls...happy reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home