baked goods 2 for 1 and free crack

Commentary on whatever I like, sometimes useful, sometimes not so...

Monday, December 11, 2006

Nice

The weekend was very good. As I commonly do when Saturday afternoon rolled around, I started randomly flipping channels in search of a game that looks interesting. I wasn't sure what time my UK Wildcats were playing, I only knew that they were playing. Lucky for me though I found them already at it after just a few clicks from the remote.

The Cats are a very young team (inexperienced) this year, so I try not to have any "final-four" type expectations of them. They are fun to watch though and have a lot of energy on the court. We usually play Indiana most every year, but it is typically done at a semi-neutral court, usually either in Louisville or Indianapolis...this year however those places could not be scheduled so UK got to host Indiana in Lexington as a home game. That was a good break for us...another huge break was the fact that the Hoosiers could not sink a three to save their life. UK had a lot of turnovers and played so sloppy at times I wondered if the freshmen were still recovering from a kegger the previous night. Upper-classmen have so much party in them their recovery time is much shorter. Like basketball itself, it's an experience thing. The Cats were able to chalk up a win Saturday, and they really needed it as the SEC is going to be a royal bitch to play in this year. About half of the teams UK will play in conference ball are ranked in the top 25...ouch!

Football Sunday...

Since I moved to Tennessee a few years back, I don't often get the Bengals (my favorite team) on TV. I do however, get the Tennessee Titans. Since I have been watching them for years now, I kind of adopted them as a team I root for too. After the Titans started the season in a miserable way, they are now just one win from being at .500 and have won 4 in a row...the last two in very dramatic fashion, so they have been a lot of fun to watch. Damn...Vince Young is starting to look like da man...I hope it keeps up.

other quickies:

Watched the Saints and the Cowboys and was very glad to see the Saints play so well and come away with the W...Damn...Reggie Bush is starting to show just how good he is...

My Bengals continued their streak of victories...even if it was just the lowly Raiders...next up is the Indy Colts, fresh off two consecutive losses and I'm not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing. The optimist in me says it's good of course...I hope so.

My teams are winning...Nice!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home