baked goods 2 for 1 and free crack

Commentary on whatever I like, sometimes useful, sometimes not so...

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Ch, Ch, Ch, Changes...

"I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
So the days float through my eyes
But stil the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
Theyre quite aware of what theyre going through

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes
(turn and face the strain)
Ch-ch-changes
Dont tell them to grow up and out of it
Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes
(turn and face the strain)
Ch-ch-changes
Wheres your shame
Youve left us up to our necks in it
Time may change me
But you cant trace time"
-David Bowie

Changes...well the blogger decided to change the way I log in beginning this past Saturday, and while I was able to log in, I haven't been able to successfully publish a post. Since I am employed in the IT industry (and have been for years), I'm pretty competent when it comes to all things technical, so I believe I was clicking on the "Publish (post)" button correctly. Blogger even believed that it had published my post, but alas nothing was showing up after a refresh. So I fiddled around a bit, trying various things, and then "Publish" again, but still nothing. I gave up, and said to myself that "I guess that's why the new URL for posting is beta.blogger.com"...it was still a work in progress.

The weekend was good, and +EV (ever so slightly).

What a game between the Colts and the Titans in the 1PM EST slot on Sunday. I mean a 60 yard field goal to seal it for the Titans with only a few seconds left...NICE.

Changes...Well the study-group, headed by James Baker, that has been diligently searching for ways to change the course of events in Iraq is due to release it's findings today; but will it result in any meaningful change? With President Bush seemingly still convinced that "his" way is the right way, I'd say it's doubtful. Bush has of late, at least showed some small signs that he may at least be open to listening to some suggestions. Without question, change is what we need over there, change in the way we deal with all of the varied factions, tribes, and sects, change in some form to stop us from taking daily ass whippings in the Anbar province, and change in our expectation for what is and isn't considered a victory in this ill conceived war, turned civil war, turned chaos, turned turmoil, turned death, to citizen and soldier alike.

Change is definitely needed, but with this state of affairs, being messier than a drunken grape-stomping, what change(s) are the proper ones? Certainly devoting more of our already overburdened soldiers to properly train and arm (more) Iraqi's couldn't hurt. Although the insurgency is certainly wreaking plenty of havoc without us training them. Opening a dialogue with Syria and Iran, both of whom likely provide support to the ongoing violence and sectarianism, couldn't make things worse. Perhaps also bringing leaders of the various resisting factions to the table and discussing dividing the country in to states, much like the Kurds in the north have already done, could be considered for peace as well. Any division would have to come with a fair distribution of wealth (in this case Iraqi oil) among each given state. I don't know all the answer, or perhaps any of them, but I do know change is the only means to an end there now.

Change...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home